Current Server Issue 9/29/20
We encountered a server failure late yesterday and are working to resolve the issue. We are doing our best to get things back online and in a normal operating mode. While our new Amazon Web Services environment is supposed to be a much better reliable solution, they provided us with this message this morning:
Your volume experienced a failure due to multiple component failures and we were unable to recover it. Although EBS volumes are designed for reliability, including being backed by multiple physical drives, we are still exposed to durability risks when multiple concurrent component failures occur before we are able to restore redundancy.
Obviously not something we wanted to hear, but we do understand computers and hardware will still fail. Please accept our apology for the downtime and just know we are working as fast as we can to get things restored.
We will continue to add updates to this post.
9/30/20 – Update
We have been restoring older recordings in batches and it will continue to run until we’ve restored everything we can. All new recordings are working as normal. If you have an older file, just give it a little time and it should update soon.
10/6/20 – Update
Amazon has been worthless in helping us. They actually tried to blame us for their hardware failing. We have been able to restore all uploaded recordings for the past year which include Ad-Free Ticket shows. We’re still restoring Ticket and other recordings for the month of September. We’re trying to prevent overloading the server that processes things so it’s a slow process. As for recordings beyond that point, we have the raw data for those for the past year but we’ll be restoring on a per request basis. If you are missing old recordings you need that happened between September 17, 2019 to present, shoot us an email email@example.com and we’ll work on it. Be sure to include your account email, recording date needed and show name if you have it.
iOS 14 Update Issues
With the latest iOS update we’ve learned our player within our Dash has stopped working for iPhones/iPads. It gives an error saying to update your flash player in all browsers. We’re a little confused with this error as our player is an HTML5 player, but we’ve realized the player just needs to be updated with new libraries and code. There’s no need to try updating flash b/c iOS hasn’t really supported flash in a while. While we are working to update our player to get rid of this code you have a couple of options in the meantime.
- Download our app from the app store and use it for now. Our player also needs an upgrade due to the forward and rewind being tough to deal with, but you can play and listen to audio on your iOS device.
- If you have access to podcast feeds, grab your feed and plug it into a great app like Overcast.fm. If you have no feeds but have an account to create one, then go through setting one up and adding your recordings to that feed, then add it to an app like mentioned above.
- Listening through a desktop is an option if you are sitting at a desk, but most having this issue like to listen on the go. We just wanted to make sure you knew this is an option to if you are stationary.
- If you’re a technical person, reverting to previous iOS version is also an option. I did read where the iOS 14 has several other issues lingering until a next update.
- If your phone is still working, you might consider waiting until Apple’s next update for their bug fixes and hopefully we’ll have our issue resolved.
We hope to have the player updated by week’s end, barring any unforeseen issues. We appreciate your patience and feel free to let us know any issues beyond what we’re talking about. Just email support@ and we’ll get back to you.
How to Get The Ticket Archives
If you are a Ticket listener and want to get access to The Ticket Archives, there’s 2 options.
- If you DO NOT already have a uSave.it account, follow these steps:
- Click this link to create an account: https://usave.it/?source=tut
- Once you create the account following this link, it will assign you an account specific to Ticket archives, verify your email address (we have issues with hotmail, msn, aol and verizon addresses…try gmail if you have it) and then login to your account.
- After you’re in your new account, click the “upgrade my account” option and select the P1 Personal. Once you choose the option, you will have ability to customize what shows you want and actual price will depend on selections.
- Upgrade your account and the shows you’ve selected will display. This includes past archives back through 2012.
- If you DO have a uSave.it account:
- Login to your account, click the “upgrade my account” option and select the P1 Personal. Once you choose the option, you will have ability to customize what shows you want and actual price will depend on selections.
- If you do not see the P1 Personal option, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make the necessary adjustment to allow you to see it.
DVR for Radio Shows
Are there times during the day when you’d like to be listening to one of your favorite radio shows, but you can’t? Fortunately, there’s a solution to this problem in the form of a new software platform.
By utilizing uSave.it, you can listen to your top choices for radio broadcasts and talk shows any time you’d like by recording them. You get to decide the time of day when you want to play them back and enjoy your programs. Having this type of DVR system available provides convenience and high-quality listening.
Using uSave.it presents you with several capabilities, which can make it more efficient for you to utilize.
Providing Efficiency and an Easy Way to Enjoy Your Favorite Broadcasts
If you have ever used a DVR, you know it allows you to record a program by setting a specific time. Using uSave.it works in the same manner by recording your favorite radio shows based on the settings you create. This functionality allows you to focus on other tasks and listen to your recording later.
Getting started is quick and easy. All you need to know is the station name, call letters or URL of the streaming broadcast. Set uSave.it to record your show at the appropriate time, and it will start recording automatically.
This capability provides you with a way to listen to a recording of your show any time you’d like.
In addition to this capability, the software also comes with several other types of functionality, depending on the subscription tier you choose. You’ll be able to download and save a show or remove segments from a recording via special editing tools.
You can choose from two different versions of the software split into two separate tiers. The first option is a personal version, which is available in a basic or advanced package. The difference in these types of software is the amount of recording time you’re allowed. The advanced package also lets you edit your recordings.
If you’re a content creator, you may be interested in the professional version. It allows you to create content, save your recordings and manage each broadcast via an embedded media player.
Signing up for this software with a subscription provides you with a 30-day free trial. The least expensive tier is just five dollars per month, and the professional tier is affordably priced as well.
Understanding the type of content you can record with the software can help you confirm your decision. Here are five popular talk shows that you can record with uSave.it.
Clyde Lewis has a popular talk show focusing on paranormal and parapolitical topics. He’ll dive into commentary ranging from how the world will end to the existence of extraterrestrial life.
If you have ever been interested in UFO sightings or the strange occurrences in the Bermuda Triangle, you may find his discussion of these controversial topics enlightening and entertaining.
Clyde will sometimes focus on a specific themes such as alien invasions, the supernatural or anomalies from around the world affecting our planet.
If you’d like to listen to his captivating segments including news and commentary, you can create your own account, which allows you to easily schedule the show. Simply enter the name of the show and uSave.it will provide you with information on the stream you can use.
If you want to listen to a controversial talk show host whose commentary is far-right and often charged to be conspiracy laced, Alex Jones is a perfect choice.
His show covers a wide range of current political topics with commentary related to the presidential administration, other countries or hot issues that are trending.
After signing up for uSave.it, just enter the name of the show and uSave.it will have the stream info you require.
If you’d like to listen to commentary ranging from discussions of time travel and paranormal phenomenon to conspiracy and alien abductions, this national talk show hosted by George Noory may be just what you need to stay entertained.
George has been in the broadcast business for over 30 years. He covers paranormal and unusual topics you won’t find on most mainstream media broadcasts.
Broadcast to about 3 million weekly listeners, you can listen to his viewpoints on life after death or other unexplained phenomenon and decide for yourself if it’s real or not.
Recording George Noory is easy when you use uSave.it. Create an account and enter the show name to schedule your recording. This quick process will provide you with the stream information you need to use.
Listening to Glenn Beck will provide you with conservative political commentary. He’s been broadcasting his talk show since 2000, which offers a unique perspective on American politics and culture.
Glenn Beck is known for his candid opinions and comprehensive dissection of the topics he covers.
If you’d like to record the Glenn Beck Program, create an account with uSave.it and enter the show name, which will provide you with the stream information you require to record the broadcast.
Based in Boston, Howie Carr provides his perspective on the conservative aspect of politics. If you’re interested in learning more about controversies related to presidential candidates, personalities in Congress or political issues related to the country, his talk show is an excellent choice.
He has been providing political commentary for over 20 years.
Recording the Howie Carr show can be done quickly by creating your account. After signing up, enter the show name and uSave.it will give you the stream information you need.
How Do I Update Payment Information?
If you need to update your payment information, follow these steps:
- Login to https://dash.usave.it/
- Click the “BILLING” menu button on left navigation
- Add new billing information on this screen
- Set new card as the primary billing option
By chance your account has been downgraded, follow these steps to get your account back to where you had it.
If you run into any issues shoot an email to email@example.com
Finding Your Podcast Feeds
To find your podcast feeds to plug into your podcast player…
- Login to https://dash.usave.it
- Click on the FEEDS navigation button
- Click on the MANAGE PODCAST FEEDS button
- You’ll find all of your podcast feed urls here
Recording Issue Update 3-13-20
We’ve been updating security and one of the items caused recordings to get stuck. The recordings are going to be resumed and will begin to start showing up in your accounts. We apologize for the issue.
How to Delete Recordings
If you want to delete a recording, follow these steps:
- Login to https://dash.usave.it
- Navigate to recordings
- Click the manage recordings
- Find the recording you want to delete
- Click the “X” next to the recording on the far left
This will delete the recording.
If you have ticket archives, these cannot be deleted b/c they are shared from our archives that are shared and stored internally.
Migration Complete – Saturday Recordings
We completed our migration over to the AWS environment and there was a small issue on Saturday when doing the last step that caused some Saturday recordings to be skipped. We do apologize for the minor issue. We’re fully in our Amazon setup and things should be smooth sailing moving forward. Obviously growing pains happen, but we are checking things to see if those Saturday recordings might be out there and just didn’t know where to go…if that is the case, those recordings will show up.
Use Alexa to Play Your Podcasts
If you have an Alexa sitting at your house and want to use it to listen to your favorite podcast you’ve saved in your uSave.it account, we have just the solution for you. Obviously, you’ll need to have a uSave.it account type that gives you a podcast feed, but once you have this feature, asking Alexa to play your show is an option!
One of our customers (thanks Bobby!) alerted us to this and thought it was something to share with other customers. It’s called “My Pod” and it’s free to use. They do have upgrade options that require a monthly cost, but even those prices are cheap. The paid-for options remove ads, gives more storage, more playing hours from the storage, unlimited playlists and they’ll even plant a tree on your behalf.
You can read more about it on the link above, but we’ll give the basics here. The first thing you’ll need to do is enable the My Pod skill in your Amazon account by visiting this link. Once this is enabled, you will see a button on the same page to “Link Account”. This will give access to play from your My Pod account.
Once your My Pod account and Amazon account are connected, go back to My Pod and click the login button and it may ask to link again, do so if you see this, then you’ll be in your My Pod account. You can add your uSave.it Podcast URL’s by clicking the “Add Link to Playlist” button and give it a simple name so when giving the command, it will be easy to understand for Alexa. It has an option to make it public … be sure you don’t check that box b/c you’ll have your podcast feed blocked from use if more than a few connections try to access it.
You can also look in the top right corner and click your name and you’ll see “My Account” that you can click and adjust your settings to fine tune how you want your audio played.
When setting it up for testing purposes, I had issues getting my Alexa to play the names I had setup. Through troubleshooting, I have a few items that might help if you run into any issues like this:
- Try unplugging your Alexa device for 30 seconds, then plug back in.
- Try going to the Alexa My Pod page and clicking the “Disable Skill”. Once you’ve done that, go back to the My Pod site and if you’re logged in, logout. Then log back into My Pod from their site and it will ask you to “Allow”, click to re-link the skill to your account. You might unplug your device for 30 seconds and give it another shot just to be sure.
- In my case, I realized I was testing on my child’s Echo Dot for Children and due to the rating of ‘Mature’, it would not allow that skill to work.
I wound up using my Alexa app on my phone and my first test started playing the audio link I had setup. Great skill if you have an Alexa device and want to ask Alexa to play your favorite audio you have stored in your uSave.it Account.
Here are the instructions from their Amazon page:
Just some of the great features:
– Just ask for any popular podcast and My Pod will begin playing it for you.
– Add your favorite podcasts to a playlist and My Pod will remember and resume where you left the next time you play.
– Link to any normal web site and get Alexa to read the main content to you for example news or sites which don’t provide an RSS / Atom feed.
– Protected links in the case of subscription podcast links are supported.
– Play audio and video files and folders shared on Google Drive (Please note: Right-click on Google Drive file and click ‘Get shareable link’ to paste in to My Pod).
– Upload your MP3’s directly to My Pod for instant playback.
It’s really easy to get started:
1. Enable the skill and link your Amazon account by signing in via the Alexa app.
2. Either ask My Pod to play a podcast you know (all the popular ones are included) or go to https://www.mypodapp.com and create a playlist. Then add some podcast links, audio or video streams or just upload your MP3’s straight to the website!
If you are having any problems or have a suggestion, please don’t just leave a bad review.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help to get it fixed for you and everybody else!
Some of the things you can ask My Pod:
– Alexa, ask my pod to play <a podcast name>.
– Alexa, ask my pod to play my <playlist name> playlist.
– Alexa, ask my pod to play <link name>.
– Alexa, ask my pod for the next link.
– Alexa, ask my pod to play the next playlist.
– Alexa, ask my pod for the previous link.
– Alexa, ask my pod to play the previous playlist.
– Alexa, ask my pod to play my <playlist name> playlist from the beginning.
– Alexa, ask my pod to skip forward 10 minutes.
– Alexa, ask my pod to go back 30 seconds.
As well as the usual audio player commands:
Play, Pause, Stop, Start Over.
My Pod will remember your place with each link, useful for longer audio such as podcasts and audio books.
A full list of voice commands can be found here:
More help and frequently asked questions and help can be found on our website: